General Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of ‘becomeadentist.co.uk’ (including any online courses, training material and tutorials) (‘the Service’) within the US, UK and internationally is provided by Become A Dentist (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) on the following Terms and Conditions.
By using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Service. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following Terms and Conditions please do not access, use and/or contribute to the Service.
1. Use of the Service
- You agree to use the Service only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Service or any part of it for commercial purposes.
- You must only use the Service in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of becomeadentist.co.uk. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Service.
- We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of service to our users. If we believe you are using excessive bandwidth or your use of the Service is adversely affecting our network (or any part of it) or our other users we reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage of the Service. This may include temporarily suspending your user account.
- Become A Dentist reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time and so you should check these Terms and Conditions regularly. Your continued use of the Service will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the Service.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on the Service (including community rules) then the latter shall prevail.
- To register on this website you must be over sixteen years of age unless you have the explicit permission of your parent or guardian.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details in order that we can communicate with you effectively.
- All user accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice and without reimbursement of fees. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
- You must keep your password and username confidential and not disclose them or share them with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
- We reserve the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or disrupt any of our services in any way.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
4. Intellectual property
- All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on Service and all content (including all applications and materials) located on or available through the Service shall remain vested in Become A Dentist.
- You must not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use becomeadentist.co.uk content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any becomeadentist.co.uk content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of becomeadentist.co.uk content requires the prior written permission of Become A Dentist.
- The names, images and logos identifying Become A Dentist or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Become A Dentist and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any license or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of Become A Dentist or any other third party.
- We will terminate the privileges of any user who uses this Site to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material if they do not have a licence or express consent, provide a valid defence or have a fair use exemption to do so. In particular, users who submit User Generated Content (UGC) UGC to this Site must ensure that the UGC they upload does not infringe copyright or other rights of third parties (such as privacy or public rights). After proper notification by the copyright holder or its agent to us, and confirmation through court order or admission by the user that they have used this Site as an instrument of unlawful infringement, the infringing user’s rights to use and/or access this Site will be terminated indefinitely. We may, in our sole discretion, terminate a user’s rights to use or access the Site prior to that time that We believe that the alleged infringement has occurred.
5. Availability of the Service
- Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services available at becomeadentist.co.uk will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the Service will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Service you should report it to email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- Your access to the Service may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the Service as soon as we reasonably can.
6. Become A Dentist’s right to suspend or cancel your registration
- We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You can cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do so, you must stop using the Service.
- The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the Service shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
7. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, NAMES, IMAGES, PICTURES, LOGOS AND ICONS REGARDING OR RELATING TO BECOME A DENTIST, ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (OR TO THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES), IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BECOME A DENTIST EXCLUDES ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW), INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY AND ACCURACY. BECOME A DENTIST DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY ASPECT OF THE SERVICE OR ANY OF ITS CONTENT. WHILE WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT ALL CONTENT PROVIDED BY BECOME A DENTIST IS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF PUBLICATION NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ACCEPTED BY OR ON BEHALF OF BECOME A DENTIST FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURATE CONTENT ON THE SERVICE.
- NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LIMITS OR EXCLUDES BECOME A DENTIST’S LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS PROVEN NEGLIGENCE. SUBJECT TO THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE. NEITHER BECOME A DENTIST NOR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING LOSSES OR DAMAGES (WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSSES WERE FORESEEN, FORESEEABLE, KNOWN OR OTHERWISE): (A) LOSS OF DATA; (B) LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS; (C) LOSS OF BUSINESS; (D) LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; (E) LOSS OF GOODWILL OR INJURY TO REPUTATION; (F) LOSSES SUFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES; (G) ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION; OR (H) ANY FAILURE IN ADMISSION TO DENTAL SCHOOL.
- BECOME A DENTIST DOES NOT WARRANT THAT FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR BUGS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO IMPLEMENT SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND VIRUS CHECKS (INCLUDING ANTI-VIRUS AND OTHER SECURITY CHECKS) TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ACCURACY OF DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT.
11. Applicable law
- These Terms and Conditions will be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
12. International use
- We make no promise that materials available on or through the Service are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the Service from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Service from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and Become A Dentist chooses to ignore this, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms and Conditions.
- Become A Dentist shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
These terms relate to the paid-for on-line training services supplied to you through the becomeadentist.co.uk website (the “Online Course Service(s)”) and should be read in conjunction with our General Terms & Conditions above which shall also apply save where they are inconsistent with these terms.
1. Prices and payment
- Your order is an offer to purchase Online Package and/or Course Services from us. The Online Package and/or Course Service will be made available to you once your payment has been authorised and the course session has started. There will be no contract of any kind between you and us unless and until you make authorised payment for the Online Package and/or Course Service. At any point up until then, we may decline to supply the Online Package and/or Course Service to you without giving any reason.
- The fee for the Online Package and/or Course Service is calculated and payable in advance of the course start date as set out on becomeadentist.co.uk. The Company shall be under no obligation to provide the Online Package and/or Course Service until the fee has been paid.
- All prices are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated.
- Your credit/ debit card details are not handled by Become A Dentist. All payment and all credit card handling is through the third party, PayPal Inc. We do not store any credit card details. Authority for payment must be given at the time of placing your order.
- Within 48 hours of purchase (during the working week), a confirmation email will be sent to the customer acknowledging payment and successful enrolment in the package and/or course.
- Within one week before the announced course start date, the customer will be notified by email of an online URL where the course materials will be located. Customers will be required to create a username and password for logging into the site and accessing the course content.
- It is not possible to pause your course or take a holiday midway through your package and/or course.
3. Using the Online Course Service
- Please read the description for the Online Package and/or Course Service carefully before placing your order, as refunds cannot be given (see section 7 below).
- Become A Dentist warrants that it has the right to provide the Online Package and/or Course Service and will use all reasonable skill and care in making the Online Package and/or Course Service available to you and in ensuring its availability. Because of the nature of the internet, errors and omissions do occur and Become A Dentist does not give any other warranties in respect of the Online Package and/or Course Service.
- We are continually seeking to improve the Online Package and/or Course Services. Become A Dentist reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of any Online Package and/or Course Service provided that it does not materially reduce its content or functionality.
- In the event that Become A Dentist withdraws or is permanently unable to deliver a particular Online Package and/or Course Service, a partial refund will be given covering the portion of the package and/or course that remains undelivered.
4. Posting of content
- Some Online Package and/or Course Services allow you to post content to the becomeadentist.co.uk website including asking questions about the course, posting completed assignments, and taking part in discussion boards.
- All content which you provide or upload to our website shall be subject to the relevant provisions of our General Terms & Conditions.
5. Fair use policy
- We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of our Online Package and/or Course Services. If we believe your use of a Online Package and/or Course Service is taking up excessive bandwidth or your use of a Online Package and/or Course Service is adversely affecting the provision of the service (or any part of it) to other users, or other users’ enjoyment of the service, we reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage of the Online Package and/or Course Service. This may include temporarily suspending your user account and/or access to the Online Package and/or Course Service.
6. No commercial use
- Subject to clause 4.2, all Online Package and Course Services are available for non-commercial use only. Become A Dentist reserves the right to refuse orders from businesses that we consider are for commercial concerns. You may not resell or make available to any third party the Online Package and Course Services without the prior written consent of Become A Dentist.
- Subject to paying the applicable fees, universities and other teaching organisations are permitted to deliver the Online Package and Course Services to their named students following express written approval and permission from Become A Dentist. Without written permission, the original purchasers are liable for payment of the initial fee for each individual who has received content or information from the Online Package and/or Course Service.
7. Cancellation and refunds
- Refunds cannot be made for online viewable or downloadable digital items.
- Cancellation and refunds are not available for subscribers to the Online Package and/or Course Services
- Your access to the Online Package and/or Course Service may be terminated by written notice if you are in material breach of any terms and the breach is not remedied within the period of 14 days after written notice of the breach has been given to you. If we reasonably believe your breach of these terms affects our lawful operation of the Online Package and/or Course Service or third party customers we may suspend your access to the Online Package and/or Course Service at any time.
- In these terms “Become A Dentist”, “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Become A Doctor a company registered in England and Wales.
- If you have any queries please contact email@example.com.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy provides you with the details of how any personal data we collect from you or that you provide us will be used and processed.
INFORMATION FROM THE USER
We may collect and process the following aspects of data about you:
Information that you provide us by filling in forms on our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
We may also ask you to complete questions or surveys for research purposes. This is not something you have to respond to.
Details of your visits to our site in the form of analytics, this could include places and resources you access on our site, time spent on our site and where you are directed to our site from.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files comprised of letters and numbers that are downloaded onto your desktop computer, mobile or other handheld device when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically by remembering settings you selected during earlier visits, amongst other functions. Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type all of this is for system administration. This is only statistical data and does not identify any individual.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, although we will do our best to protect your personal details but cannot guarantee the security of your data. Any transmission is at the risk of the site user. Once we have received any information we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
USES OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer. To carry out any requests or obligations arising from any contact you may have with us. To provide you with information or services that you have requested from us or which we feel may interest you, if you have given us consent to get in contact with you. To enable you to participate in any interactive features our service offers, as and when you choose to do so. To notify you of any changes to our service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk solution.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, although we will usually ask your permission before we collect any information if we intend to disclose any details to and third party for any such purposes.
You have the right to refuse such intentions by checking the correct boxes on any forms we use to collect data, or by contacting us at any time.
Our site may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you were to follow a link to any of these sites please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please make sure to check these policies before you submit any personal data to any of these websites.
Any changes we make to our policy will be displayed on this page and where appropriate notified to you via email.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Your consent applies to the following domains: becomeadentist.co.uk
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyse what works and where it needs improvement.
The third-party cookies used on our websites are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What cookies do we use?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket and checkout securely.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit etc. These data help us understand and analyse how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Marketing: Our website may display advertisements. These cookies are used to personalise the advertisements that we show to you so that they are tailored to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns.
The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing contents on the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a tailored experience on future visits to the website.
How can I control the cookie preferences ?
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.